Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Spotted Dick, 81 Bloor East

I keep coming back to "The Spotted Dick" located at 81 Bloor Street East.

And why not... the name is amusing (it has to do with Dalmatians, not diseased penises), it has WiFi access, its good for business meetings, casual get-togethers and dates.

The food is excellent (above par for pub food) and the service is more than adequate. On a busy night the service may be a bit slow, but that is to be expected.

And I really like the big painting of the Dalmatian on the east wall.

If that doesn't interest you there is also "The Duke of York" (39 Prince Arthur Avenue), which is the pub I suggested when my parents visited Toronto for my birthday. Its more upscale, more classically British, and the service / selection is fantastic. Expect to pay a bit more than a regular pub however.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links will be marked as spam and not approved. We moderate every comment.

Popular Posts

Your Ad Could Be Here! Advertising Opportunities Available!
Contact charlesmoffat[at]charlesmoffat.com

Want your product, book or service reviewed? Let me know!