Monday, August 14, 2017

Donna Dolphy Hair Salon, Yorkville Toronto

A few weeks ago, I was preparing for my wedding and decided it was time to seek the expertise of a professional hair stylist for a haircut. Normally, I would have my hair cut by friends, so the idea of entrusting my hair to a stranger made me a bit apprehensive. Seeking recommendations, a friend suggested Donna Dolphy's Hair Salon, a highly regarded stylist with one of the top salons in Canada. This endorsement gave me confidence, so I decided to place my trust (and my hair) in her capable hands.

Upon arriving at the salon, I chose not to mention that my wedding was just a few days away. Throughout most of the appointment, Donna remained unaware of the significance of the haircut. However, I did explain my fear of having my hair cut by someone I didn't know, and any lingering concerns were quickly dispelled by Donna's exceptional level of service, professionalism, and friendly demeanor.

Having previously only had haircuts from friends or my mother during my childhood, experiencing the warmth and expertise of a true professional allowed me to relax and fully enjoy the experience, which felt akin to a spa visit.

It wasn't until near the end of the haircut that I finally revealed my impending wedding to Donna, and she responded with genuine excitement. Her enthusiasm was infectious.

It was clear that Donna truly loves her work; she took delight in "playing" with my hair. At times, it almost felt like being a living Barbie doll as she skillfully shaped and styled my hair. Our conversation even ventured into the artistic realm, discussing the sculptural nature of hair—an enjoyable topic for me, having studied painting and sculpture at York University.

On a different note, my wedding went off without a hitch. While one typically anticipates something going awry on such occasions, the only minor mishap was having an abundance of food at the reception, leaving many guests pleasantly stuffed. It was a relatively minor issue to encounter. Moreover, my hair looked fantastic in all the photos, bringing me great satisfaction.

Oh and just a bonus... Celebrities like Drake sometimes go to Donna. So you never know who you might meet.

Below: Donna Dolphy with Drake.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links will be marked as spam and not approved. We moderate every comment.

Popular Posts

Your Ad Could Be Here! Advertising Opportunities Available!
Contact charlesmoffat[at]charlesmoffat.com

Want your product, book or service reviewed? Let me know!