Friday, October 13, 2017

Game and Hobby Zone at 2 Bloor St West, Toronto = Racist Owner

Years ago I witnessed the owner/manager of "Game and Hobby Zone" located at 2 Bloor St West, Toronto doing something racist.

He told a black customer to "step aside" so that he could serve white customers instead.

The black customer and the manager then got into a huge argument, which I watched - and should have recorded on my phone, but it was already low on battery.

I did later go back and take the following photo of the manager, on the right, with one of his staff on the left.


Ever since that incident I have boycotted Game and Hobby Zone - for multiple reasons, not just because the owner is racist.

  • The products in the store are overpriced. You can find the same products elsewhere for much better prices.
  • The shelves are crammed and disorganized.
  • The service is sub par. Not helpful.

In contrast there are other stores that make more sense to spend my money at.

Here are a few of my favourites:

  • 401 Games
  • Hairy Tarantula
  • Face to Face Games
  • EB Games
  • Meeplemart
  • Strategy Games
  • Mastermind Toys
  • The Sword and Board
  • Toys R Us

My point is there are plenty of other locations to buy the same products... but with better service, better prices, and you are not financially supporting a racist bigot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links will be marked as spam and not approved. We moderate every comment.

Popular Posts

Your Ad Could Be Here! Advertising Opportunities Available!
Contact charlesmoffat[at]charlesmoffat.com

Want your product, book or service reviewed? Let me know!