Saturday, August 3, 2013

Looking for a new umbrella

Last night I forgot my "good" unbrella on a bus because I was carrying a large backpack, had set the umbrella down resting next to me and when I got off the bus I totally forgot about it because it had stopped raining.

So I am looking for a new umbrella.

Now here is the thing. There is no standards for umbrella quality. It really is a crapshoot when it comes to whether guessing an unbrella is durable and will last you a long time.

My lost umbrella I have had for 6 years and it was still in perfect condition. I don't even know what brand it was but if I find an identical umbrella from the same company and re-buy it then I will certainly laud the benefits of that company.

I also think it would be nice if someone invented a more indestructable umbrella - but without breaking the bank. There are more expensive umbrellas out there that are doubtlessly more durable but their outrageous price outweighs their actual usefulness.

A "good umbrella" should be reasonably tough and reasonably priced for its level of durability. My lost umbrella was not impervious, but it certainly was reasonably well made.

UPDATE AUGUST 2013

I got a new umbrella during a shopping trip yesterday (along with a striped shirt), and was "gifted" with a brand new leather jacket from Marina Sport from my girlfriend.

The new umbrella is from Shoppers Drug Mart of all places... go figure. The label says Shoppers Drug Mart on there so I guess that is the brand, as unusual as that seems. And it is extendable, which I usually don't like because extendable umbrellas break more easily.

However when unfolded this particular extendable umbrella is freaking HUGE. So hopefully it stands up to the test and lasts a good long time. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links will be marked as spam and not approved. We moderate every comment.

Popular Posts

Your Ad Could Be Here! Advertising Opportunities Available!
Contact charlesmoffat[at]charlesmoffat.com

Want your product, book or service reviewed? Let me know!