Friday, February 22, 2013

The Bhagavad Gita

The Bhagavad Gita is a book central to the Hare Krishna religion. There is various versions of the book which include different interpretations / translations of the Hindu text. The version I own is known as "As It Is".

I must admit the book is very interesting (it has to be, there is a whole religion based off of it) but at the same time I must point out my own general disbelief in this book - its logic is full of gaping holes.

And to be fair, so is the Christian Bible and many other religious texts. Religious books in general no doubt win over converts who are ignorant of science, theology and logic. But to someone like myself ( who is best described as over-educated ) it all amounts to rubbish due to gaping holes in the logic.

I am not writing this to cause any arguments with any religious folks out there. You are free to believe on whatever hogwash you want to believe in. Speaking for myself however, it is not for me.

And I have quite a few books on the subject. See the photo below. So its not for lack of reading and research on my part. It is simply that I have read enough of all the various religious texts to be able to recognize when I am being lied to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links will be marked as spam and not approved. We moderate every comment.

Popular Posts

Your Ad Could Be Here! Advertising Opportunities Available!
Contact charlesmoffat[at]charlesmoffat.com

Want your product, book or service reviewed? Let me know!