Thursday, March 7, 2013

Film Noir movies

The following is a list of Film Noir movies I recommend... I have watched them all during the last month and have become a bit of a film noir buff during the last month.

If you are unfamiliar with Film Noir they are defined as stylishly made crime dramas dating from the 1930s to 1950s.

The films from this genre I recommend are:

Touch Of Evil         1958
Beyond A Reasonable Doubt    1956
The Night Of The Hunter     1955
Sudden Fear         1952
Detective Story         1951
Ace In The Hole         1951
The Third Man         1949
Key Largo         1948
The Lady From Shanghai     1947
Out Of The Past        1947
Dark Passage        1947
The Killers        1946
The Big Sleep        1946
The Maltese Falcon        1941
Suspicion            1941
Angels With Dirty Faces     1938

My favourites from the bunch is Sudden Fear (starring Joan Crawford), Detective Story (starring Kirk Douglas), Key Largo (starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall), Dark Passage (starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall), The Big Sleep (starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall).

Now you might think looking at that list that I simply love Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall together. Not so. Joan Crawford and Kirk Douglas are definitely my faves, but I must admit Bogart and Bacall worked well together.


I also really like Orson Welles' work in "The Lady From Shanghai", but he doesn't impress me so much in some of the other things he did. Touch of Evil for example was a good film, but I didn't really like Orson Welles in it... Charlton Heston playing a Mexican however, that is just hysterical.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links will be marked as spam and not approved. We moderate every comment.

Popular Posts

Your Ad Could Be Here! Advertising Opportunities Available!
Contact charlesmoffat[at]charlesmoffat.com

Want your product, book or service reviewed? Let me know!