Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lumber Yard in Ajax

I was browsing a lumber yard company's website recently when I came across the following joke posted on their website:

One morning I was at the lumber yard counter when a young guy came in and asked for a 4x2. 'You mean a 2x4?' asked the guy working behind the counter.

'Let me see,' the young carpenter said.

He dashed out the door. A moment later, he entered to tell the lumberman, 'Yeah. It's a 2x4.'

'How long do you want it?' asked the somewhat frustrated gentleman at the counter.

Off the kid went again. When he returned his answer was, 'A long time. We're nailing it to the deck.' 

 Now I admit it isn't hysterical funny, but I thought it was amusing that the lumber yard company had liked it so much that they posted it on their website.

The company in question is Mar-Lyn Lumber in Ajax, which sells a variety of wood products including...

  • Plywoods
  • Lauans
  • Pines and Spruce
  • Mouldings
  • Laminates
  • Engineered Wood Products
  • Natural Tentest
Now I ended up not buying anything from them - and I will point out that their website is really poorly designed and looks like it was last updated in 1996. But I think that is probably par for the course when it comes to lumber yard websites.

I also think that their company slogan is a bit funny and odd too.


They do apparently pride themselves on being able to find any kind of material - new or used - to fit a client's needs.

I did contact their email asking about a particular product and they were very helpful however, so I must say their customer service is top notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links will be marked as spam and not approved. We moderate every comment.

Popular Posts

Your Ad Could Be Here! Advertising Opportunities Available!
Contact charlesmoffat[at]charlesmoffat.com

Want your product, book or service reviewed? Let me know!