Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake

I loooooooove cake.

And I love cake mixes even more.

Add 3 eggs, some water and vegetable oil, mix in a bowl, pour in a pan or muffin tins... and voila cake and cupcakes!

However I want to point out that while Duncan Hines cake mixes are very good (my personal favourite is Devil's Food Cake) there is also the No Name brand cake mixes... which are really surprisingly good too.

The only advantage to Duncan Hines is that they have more variety of flavours to choose from. (No Name = just Chocolate and Vanilla.) Specifically I am using the "Moist Deluxe" mixes.

The flavours include:

Banana Supreme
Butter Golden
Fudge
Caramel
Classic White
Classic Yellow
Coconut Supreme
Confetti
Dark Chocolate Fudge
French Vanilla
Fudge Marble
German Chocolate
Lemon Supreme
Orange Supreme
Pineapple Supreme
Spice
Strawberry Supreme
Swiss Chocolate

I've had the Fudge, Fudge Marble, French Vanilla and earlier today I purchased the Devil's Food Cake and it is baking in the oven right now.

Goes well with icing or whip cream, either is good.

Mmmmmm mmmmm tasty!

NOTE: Given an option I would still prefer homemade pie over cake any day. Especially raspberry pie, apple pie or pecan pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links will be marked as spam and not approved. We moderate every comment.

Popular Posts

Your Ad Could Be Here! Advertising Opportunities Available!
Contact charlesmoffat[at]charlesmoffat.com

Want your product, book or service reviewed? Let me know!